During the approval process for railway vehicles, a wide range of characteristics and functions have to be inspected by a recognised order to produce the mandatory evidence of safety. TUV India and TÜV NORD provides vital support, from the design stage up to creation of expert reports, in order to testify to fulfillment of the preconditions for approval.
Our inspection body is recognised by the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) with regard to rail-related testing and inspection and offers all the services needed for the evidence of safety required by national approval bodiesand also by the Technical Specifications for Interoperability of the trans-European rail system (TSI).
The expert assessors from TÜV NORD, who are recognised by the Federal Railway Authority (EBA) and accredited by the European Railway Agency (ERA), have many years of experience in the assessment of all aspects of railway vehicles.
Qualification of safety-relevant railway vehicle systems
Calculation, examination and assessment of system design, fail-safe design and resistance to failure, failure tolerance, failure recognition, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical circuit diagrams and also safety and function proofs.
Qualification of components according to well established procedures
- Testing and assessment of strength, running dynamics, bogies including material testing, pressure equipment and functional safety
- Certification according to TSI (Technical specifications for Interoperability)/established proof procedures based on European and international standards
- Testing and assessment of vehicle control systems, braking and traction equipment, doors, fire protection and diagnostic concepts
Qualification of entire vehicles and of vehicle components based on functional safety requirements
Component certifications according to TSI qualification requirements, using defined proof procedures.
Verification and Validation
Planning and performance of verification and validation during the development process (function tests in the laboratory and in the vehicle)
- Hazard and risk analyses
- Safety-related application conditions
- System design (Diversity/Redundancy)
- Special technical questions (communication networks, train control and remote control systems)