Transportable Pressure Equipment
Production and operation of transportable pressure equipment regulates Directive 2010/35/EU (TPED). This Directive has been transferred to the Czech legal order by Government Order No. 2018/2011 Coll., which defines technical requirements for transportable pressure equipment.
By creating a new Directive 2010/35/EU, Directive 2008/68/EC, i.e. the international treaty governing the international carriage of dangerous goods by road (ADR), regulations concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by rail (RID) and the European Agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by inland waterways (AND). The international treaties have the same binding legal force as Directive 2010/35/EU and they state the current status of harmonized technical regulations (EN and EN ISO). The international treaties are being regularly updated (in two-year intervals).
The aforementioned legislation applies to the design, production and first check – conformity assessment before making available on the market of transportable pressure equipment, subsequent conformity assessment of equipment placed on the market, and also repeated (periodic) inspections of transportable pressure equipment already in operation.
Transportable pressure equipment includes:
- Vessels, including gas cartridges, such as bottles, tubular vessels, pressure drums, cryogenic vessels, bundles of cylinders, to which a chapter 6.2 of the international treaties concerning the transport of dangerous goods ADR/RID/ADN applies.
- Tanks, such as demountable tanks, portable tanks, tank-containers, multiple elements tank containers, tank-vehicles and vehicles with one or more tanks, tank-containers or vessels of battery-vehicles, to which a chapter 6.8 of the international treaties concerning the transport of dangerous goods ADR/RID/ADN applies.
Conformity assessment of transportable pressure equipment shall be carried out in accordance with Directive 2010/35/EU as follows:
- Design type approval
- Supervision over the production and initial inspection and testing
- Periodic inspections, intermediate inspections
- Implementation of the applicant´s own inspection service (only permitted for vessels according to chapter 6.2)
All design, production, testing and operation related activities of transportable pressure equipment require co-operation with the Notified Body according to the relevant conformity assessment procedure.
Our company will take all necessary steps in the context of conformity assessment of transportable pressure equipment, either as the Notifies Body No. 0045 (TÜV NORD) or No. 1221 (TÜV NORD Czech, s.r.o.) Our company does not carry out conformity assessment of tanks under the authorization No. 1221.