Simple Pressure Vessels
Simple pressure vessel, in general, is a welded cylindrical pressure vessel with a gauge pressure PS> 0.5 bar designed to contain air or nitrogen. The most common applications are air breaking equipment of road vehicles and railway rolling stock. Simple pressure vessels are designed, manufactured and assessed in accordance with Act No. 90/2016 Coll., on conformity assessment relating to the making available on the market of simple pressure vessels and Government Order No. 119/2016 Coll., transposing Directive 2014/29/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council. As compared to the earlier Directive, this European Directive contains a modular approach to conformity assessment.
The scope of the authorization of TÜV NORD Czech, s.r.o. as Notified Body No. 1221, entitled to assess the conformity of simple pressure vessels, applies to the products defined in § 1, to all the conformity assessment modules referred to in § 9 and specified in Annex II (Module B, C, C1 and C2) of the aforementioned Government Order.
Usable materials, construction design, method of production is always specified in a design-related standard, see examples below:
- for a general example of simple pressure vessels in EN 286-1,
- for air breaking equipment of road vehicles and railway rolling stock in EN 286-2 or EN 286-3,
- for simple pressure vessels made of aluminium in EN 286-4
- other standards apply, such as:
- the EN 13445 series of standards
- national regulations, such as, for example, ČSN 690010, AD 2000-Mbl., etc.
The Notified Person carries out the following conformity assessment procedures:
- EU-type examination – production type or design type (Module B),
- Conformity to type based on internal production control plus supervised vessel testing (Module C1),
- Conformity to type based on internal production control plus supervised vessel checks at random intervals (Module C2),
- Conformity to type based on internal production control (Module C).