The IFS Logistic standard is a certification scheme for the safety of food and non-food products in companies performing logistic activities such as storage and transport. The standard is also managed by the German, French and Italian retailers. More and more companies active in logistics are requested from their clients to be certified against this standard to guarantee the safety of the products handled.
The IFS Logistic standard has the following chapters:
- quality system and HACCP system management.
- management responsibility.
- Resources and personnel guidelines.
- Guidelines for the realization of the service, the control of site environment and vehicles.
- measurements, analyses, improvements.