The IFS Food standard is a certification scheme for food safety in food manufacturing companies, comparable with the BRC Food standard. The standard is like BRC intended for suppliers of private label products to the retailer.
The IFS certification scheme is managed by the German, French and Italian retailers. Many retailers in these countries but also on an international level demand from their suppliers to be IFS certified.
The content of the IFS standard is very similar to the content of the BRC standard. The standard has 5 chapters:
- Senior management responsibility
- quality system and HACCP system management
- resource and personnel management
- Rules for the production processes and factory environment control
- measurements, analyses, improvements