What is BRCGS Food Safety?
The BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety is a global GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) scheme. BRCGS Food Safety programs are in place to protect your company brand and the consumer. It helps you to enforce compliance and transparency when reported on the BRCGS Directory.
BRCGS Food Safety is now in its 8th issue and is designed for best practices, a risk-based approach to product safety and certification. BRCGS offers a straight forward certification process. No hidden costs.
BRCGS certification will result in a reduction of waste, recalls, customer complaints and product rejections.
BRCGS insists its auditors are highly trained and experienced. BRCGS has its own auditor exams under the different product categories.
BRCGS was built by experts and is cultivated by highly qualified auditors.
Who needs BRCGS Food Safety Certification?
Any food manufacturer that wants to set a high standard of food safety
- Finished Food Manufacturers
- Food Production Businesses
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Farmers and Growers
BRCGS Food Safety
Whether you’re an established global supplier or based in an emerging market, the BRCGS Food Safety Certification will ensure your customers have confidence in your food safety program and supply chain management. What’s more, by improving food safety, the Standard will also help you reduce waste, complaints, recalls and rejected products. You can also use your certification as a marketing tool by displaying the BRCGS Standard logo on your publicity materials, stationery and website. And your business will appear on the BRCGS Directory too, giving you further recognition.
In order to meet increasing demands for consumer protection and to ensure safety in crossborder movement of goods, the BRCGS has developed internationally valid, unified standards with emphasis on quality, safety and legal compliance. TÜV NORD CERT is accredited as an independent Certification Body for both standards.
Benefits of BRCGS Food Safety
Many food retailers and manufacturers only accept suppliers with BRCGS certification. Following a successful audit, the capability of suppliers is documented by listing and registration on the BRCGS database, in effect raising the profile of the individual supplier. In addition, certification leads to image enhancement, reduces risks and warranty claims and helps contribute to overall food safety.
TUV USA, INC. has auditors who are qualified in several fields, allowing TUV USA to offer effective and low-cost combined audits (e.g. in association with other management systems/food safety systems).
- a premiere GFSI benchmarked program
- globally recognized
- increases customer assurance
- distinct risk-based requirements
- culminating food safety improvements result in a reduction of recalls, complaints and rejected product
- BRCGS Directory recognition
- HACCP based standard incorporated with food safety management systems
- Internationally accepted best practices for quality assurance and safety.
- Cost effective - only one audit necessary and accepted globally
- Extensively trained and experienced BRCGS Auditors
Preconditions for certification
Alongside the stipulations of the standard, the following criteria are decisive for certification according to BRCGS:
- Application of the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Analysis of processes/technologies used in product manufacturing
- Fulfilment of legal regulations with regard to rooms and equipment, product and performance, and qualification of personnel
- Classification of risks
- Inspection of the quality management system
The Route to the Certificate
Offer from TUV USA based on the information provided
Order of certification
Release of the Certification Process
Issuance of the Certification