From the 70's of last century, industry accidents happens worldwide accompany with the development of automatic technologies, most of them are caused by the failure of of the safety functional system. Hereafter, the safety related standards were drafted in America and European countries based on the research of the functional safety in different industrial areas. In the year 2000, promulgation of IEC 61508 series standard <functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety related systems> marks the functional safety has become a significant new task in modern industry.
Soon afterwards, the SIL standard for railway EN 5012X series standard were developed and promoted in railway industry.
For the applicants (manufacturers)
- Provide consultancy service from experienced railway experts during the certification
- Increase the safety experience and safety level
- Competitive advantages
- Standardized and verifiable process
- When damage happened, minimize the legal responsibilty and compensation
Main standards for SIL certification in railway industry
- IEC 61508 functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety related systems
- EN 50126 Railway application: reliability, availability, maintainability and safety regulation and guidance
- EN 50128 Railway applications - Communications, signaling and processing systems - Software for railway control and protection systems
- EN 50129 Railway applications - Communications, signaling and processing systems - Processing system