This international standard is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to environmental pillar of sustainability. It enables an organization to use common approach and risk-based thinking to integrate its environmental management system with the requirements of other management systems. This standard ensures that the environmental aspects of an organization's activities, products and services that it determines, can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective.
A well-defined environmental management system is essential for an organisation to manage environmental aspects like emission and handling of waste. It is important for the efficient utilisation of resources and energy.
Some of the benefits of the ISO 14001 certification include enhancing environmental performance, life cycle perspective, prevention or mitigation of adverse environmental impacts, fulfilment of compliance obligation, reduction in insurance premiums, waste handling costs, water and air permitting fees, Improved corporate image, strategic investment and improved regulatory relations.
In the process of implementing the requirements of EMS, the knowledge & skills of the organisation’s employees play a vital role in achieving the goal. TUV India Training Academy provides various training programs to achieve this knowledge & skills.
The following training courses may be useful :
- Awareness training programs for senior management teams to drive the implementation of Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Awareness training programs for the employees at all levels to develop understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001 useful for implementation
- Internal Auditor training programs to develop a team of internal auditors
- Training for integration of Environmental Management System (EMS) in to other management systems
- CQI/IRCA registered Auditor/Lead Auditor training courses for developing team of competent Internal/external lead auditors
- CQI/IRCA registered Transition Auditor training courses for developing team of competent Internal/external lead auditors