What is ISO 45001
ISO 45001 is a worldwide-recognised standard in the field of occupational health and safety management. The ISO 45001 standard defines the guidelines and requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
Work-related accidents or occupational injuries are serious dangers that can cause productivity falls in terms of staff absence for example. These failures can cost businesses inevitable losses with regard to increased insurance premium and early retirement.
The ISO 45001 standard contains important requirements to set up/build up a framework that empowers your business to implement occupational health and safety performances/services. With the ISO 45001 standard, your business is able to increase your business performance by providing a stronger employee protection and diminished occupational risks.
ISO 45001 was published on 12 march 2018 and will replace the existing OHSAS 18001 standard following a 3-year migration period terminating 11 March 2021.
ISO 45001 benefits
- Provides an organisation with a badge of top-down commitment to safety, promoting stakeholder confidence as a dependable business partner
- Fundamental component of a risk management strategy Identifies risks to health, safety and welfare that can threaten a business, its supply chain and its staff
- Promotes proactive identification of positive opportunities for improvement to the system and risk reduction
- Recognition of legal and other requirements that govern your business, helping stay within the law and giving protection from prosecution and civil claims
- Reduces costs – insurance premiums, lost time accidents, ill-health absences, equipment and property damage
- Helps a business protect and nurture its most important asset – people – improve morale and increase productivity
- Completely compatible with ISOs 9001 and 14001 2015 standards promoting easier integration of systems and improved understanding of safety management principles
Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Efficient and effective business is facilitated by motivated and healthy people. It is important to ensure that your entire staff work in a safe environment, which complies with legislation and, demonstrates to your staff, customers, clients and stakeholders that you are a reliable business partner and employer.
The ISO 45001 standard is transparent proof that your business takes care and is responsible for all safety aspects which will contribute to a long-lasting and sustainable business.
Who can adopt ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 does apply to all types of company. No matter whether your business is a small bakery or a global organisation. Each company has specific risks which need to be reduced, for the welfare of it’s staff and the business’ welfare itself.
Due to the fact that ISO 45001 is based on a risk specific approach it ensures that your Occupational Health and Safety System (OHSAS) is able to adapt the constantly changing environment.
Why certify against ISO 45001 with TÜV UK Ltd.?
- Involved in the certification of Occupational Safety Management Systems since 2001
- TÜV UK Ltd. has set high standards for their services
- Only Occupational Safety experts are used as ASM auditors
- Many of our auditors have more than one qualification
an expert auditing team can be put together to meet the specific requirements of any company