Well prepared for BS 10012?
In today’s data driven world every company faces risks regarding its personal data and information.
With a BS 10012 certification you can prevent your organisation against these risks.
You can find a checklist below with valuable tips for your BS 10012 implementation.
How to implement a BS 10012 PIMS
- Inform your top management and get their commitment
- Inform the entire staff about your purpose
- Check if your existing processes and procedures align with BS 10012 requirements
- Seek feedback from customers and suppliers concerning your current
- Personal Information Management Processes
- Assemble a project team with a competent project leader.
- Create a project plan that includes roles, responsibilities, actions, a detailed time plan and goals
- Establish PIMS objectives and design a PIMS policy
- Build and train the necessary competence to implement and manage the PIMS
- Motivate your project team with effective training
- Train internal auditors
- To ensure continuous improvement audit your BS 10012 system
- Do a gap analysis and ensure the alignment of your processes and procedures with the requirements of the BS 10012 standard
- Apply for certification with a competent certification body