ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is an important key to international markets, markets of United States, Canada and more than 113 other countries of the world, provided the equipment components comply with ASME standards.
ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is an international code that sets safety requirements toward quality control, design, manufacturing, materials, inspection (control), testing and certification of:
- power-plant boilers and heating boilers
- pipeline systems
- pressure vessels
- nuclear industry components.
As an Authorized Inspection Body we assist companies in applying ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and offer:
- preparation of the production facilities for certification to ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessels Code standards
- assistance in developing the quality manual in accordance with the Code procedures
- conformity assessment and design calculations in compliance with:
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code standards
- British standard PD 5500 "Specification for unfired, fusion welded pressure vessels
- Australian standart AS 1210 "Pressure vessels"
- Indian Boiler Regulation (IBR)
- other regulations.
- cooperation in conformity approval of welding procedures and certification of welding specialists' qualification
- assessment of legitimacy and approval of ASME code mark
- assessing legitimacy of equipment components' markings and their confirmation with ASME code mark (and stamp)
- carrying out independent inspections (third party inspections) for components that are not subject to mandatory ASME marking, but that are designed/constructed on the basis of the Code standards
- consultations on compliance with requirements of Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) when implementing ASME Code standards
- assessment of interaction of requirements of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code standards with requirements of the other regulations applicable to specific components
- organizing and holding seminars and training sessions on content and application of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code standards, as well as training of company's staff on other topics upon request.
- consultations and special inspections (e.g.: DOSH, MOM, etc.)
- carrying out inspection control of pressure equipment for delivery to Canada (CRN), in particular, control of components and fittings' conformity to Canadian Standard CSA B 51 "Boiler, pressure vessel, and pressure piping code".
Advantages of TÜV NORD services
TÜV NORD is an authorized body accredited by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessels Inspectors of America and is also approved by the Canadian system CRN governed by the Code B51-14 "Boiler, pressure vessel, and pressure piping code".
Moreover, thanks to high expert potential and service quality, a certificate issued by TÜV NORD is recognized internationally.
It is important to emphasize that support of TÜV NORD does not end at the border of the producer country, but it actively continues further on-site, on place of installation of equipment - in the US, Canada, Asia, South America, countries of the East and Europe.