The Occupational Safety Management System OHSAS 18001 "Occupational Health and Safety Management System – Specification" was developed in cooperation with several standardisation and certification associations. The aim was to enable the integration of any Occupational Health and Safety requirements into existing management systems and to ensure continuous improvement of the operational effectiveness. The standard will be used in all sectors around the world. The number of certificates increases significantly from year to year. A growing number of international companies are using Occupational Safety Management Systems as per OHSAS 18001 to minimize risks in their production sites around the world.
Benefits of the implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Management System:
- Recognition of legal requirements:
- Planning, implementation and control of Occupational Health and Safety requirements (legal and other, like authorities, insurance companies)
- The clear definition of tasks, competencies and responsibilities leads to an organisation that will withstand the scrutiny of the courts.
- Relief in the event of damage as the result of proven compliance with instructions, training and monitoring duties
- Reduction of the number and seriousness of work-related accidents
- Reduction of downtimes and their associated costs for production plants
- Improved added value due to fewer absent days and less material damage
- Reduction of insurance premiums (BG) due to fewer work-related accidents
- High compatibility with the management systems DIN EN ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
As a recognized global leader in management systems solutions, TÜV NORD Korea provides certification services for OHSAS 18001, as well as quality, environment and other management systems.
TÜV NORD is Internationally respected as a professional, independent and unbiased Certification Body.
With TÜV NORD, your business benefits from the international acceptance of a TÜV NORD certificate, backed by the global recognition of a TÜV NORD certification mark.