- Provide a basic understanding of the Core Tools used in New Product Development as well as for ongoing process control for existing products.
- How to conduct SPC & MSA and interpret results.
- Focus on New product Development Assurance through APQP and PPAP
- Focus on the use of Process Management to achieve standardization and improvement using Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA, Process Control Plans, SPC and MSA.
Newly published IATF 16949:2016 requires Competence of Personnel in Core Tools for Product and Process Development, Manufacturing Process Controls, Manufacturing Process Auditors, Product Auditors, Second Party Auditors and Internal System Auditors. This program is specially designed keeping in mind above requirement to fulfil competency in Core Tools. This includes continuous evaluation of knowledge of participants as well a written exam.
- All delegates participating should have reasonably good understanding on basic requirements of process safety
- Knowledge of English is essential
Who should attend ?
- Management Representatives
- Internal Auditors and Second Party Auditors
- Supplier QMS Development Professionals
- Supervisors, Engineers and Managers, actively involved in Product and Process Design & Development
- Production Executives involved in Quality & Quality Management System activities.
Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Basic Definitions
- Common & Special Cause
- Process Control & Process Capability
- Process Improvement Cycle
- Effective use & benefit of control chart
- SPC Requirement in IATF 16949
- Control Chart Basics
- Elements and mechanics of control charts
- Variable control charts, Attribute control charts
- Process Capability Study
Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Basic concepts & Definitions
- MSA Requirement in IATF 16949:2016
- Statistical properties of Measurement systems
- Preparation for a Measurement Study
- Bias Study
- Linearity Study
- Stability Study
- Gauge Repeatability & Reproducibility Study (Gauge R&R)
- Attribute MSA – Kappa Method \
Failure Mode and Effective Analysis (FMEA)
- FMEA Concept • Advantages of FMEA
- Process & Design FMEA • FMEA requirement in IATF 16949:2016
- How to Develop a FMEA
- Understanding of Severity, Occurrence & Detection Rankings
- Risk Priority Number (RPN)
- Preventive Actions
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Product Quality Planning Cycle
- Fundamentals of Product Quality Planning
- Control Plan
- Phases of APQP
- Inputs & Outputs of each phase
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Comparison of PPAP with traditional approach
- Significant production run
- Requirements for part approval
- Situations when PPAP validation, customer notification & Submission required
- PPAP submission levels
Certificate of successful completion shall be issued to all the delegates who attend entire duration of the course & pass the written examination.
3 Days or 4 Days