Why Supplier Certification?
TUV India Green Supplier Certification focuses on small and medium enterprises to be a part of the circular economy. The certification would validate that the supplier follows green practices and is eligible as a sustainable entity of the supply chain in the economy. This certification is designed to help companies initiate and advance their supply chain sustainability efforts.
- Direct consideration as a potential sustainable supplier for procurement by responsible corporate organizations.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the practices in your organization which will be required as a part of supply chain sustainability for customers who are responsible corporate organizations.
- Focus on maintaining long-term relations with all partners and customers.
- Supporting good governance and business ethics as a key pillar of well-functioning markets.
- Reduced environmental impacts.
- Vision towards sustainable business operations.
- Improved customer reach and recognition.
- Positive outlook amongst stakeholders like investors, employees, government agencies, local community, employees, etc.
- Get a USP in private and government tenders and also be eligible for the same.
Supply Chain Sustainability
Business practices are extending towards sustainable commitments in their value chains, from subsidiaries to suppliers. Supply chain delivers many intangible benefits and rewards apart from the inherent social and environmental risks and the governance challenges it poses. Focus on inclusive markets and advance sustainable development as per the SDG’s stated by United Nations, sustainable supply chain management indeed can be a strong driver of value and success – for business as much as for society.
- Organizations who are suppliers to MNC or big corporate organizations who do Sustainable Reporting and have Sustainability goals
- Raw material suppliers
- Small and medium scale manufacturers/processing companies
- Packaging and Transportation services
- Suppliers connected with corporates
- Companies with a vision to enter supply chain sustainability
Industrial Best Practices:
- Develop a green company policy
- Provide process management support through buyer-supplier integration and such activities as creating a management-level sustainability position and employee sustainability training.
- Encourage social sustainable development through increasing social knowledge, improving transparency and encouraging fair trade practices.
- Gap analysis for marketing needs for ecological and social demands and restrictions.
- Manage environmental impact through goal-oriented and market-based mechanisms that provide flexibility.
- Consider market orientation, green targeting, green positioning, and customer outcomes
TUV India’s Approach:
- Preparation and Planning based on understanding the scope, criteria
- Preliminary Assessment
- Virtual Remote Audit - Interviews, Data verification, inventory, measurement, analysis
- GAP analysis
- Industrial best practices and peer comparison
- Value addition to improve sustainability
- Discussion of results and improvement scope
- Report submission
| || |