CE Marking for European Market
CE Marking is a symbol of product safety. This is a product certification for certain products to be sold in European union.
CE Marking as per Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/EU), former PED 97/23/EC
TUV INDIA engineers and auditors have years of valuable international experience in all aspects of pressure equipment, from manufacturing, design, inspection, welding, to quality assurance for both fixed and transportable pressure equipment.
TUV India has been conducting third party inspections and design validations on pressure equipment around the globe for many years. Our services are independent and confidential. We deliver fast, competent compliance solutions. Whether you are a designer, manufacturer, importer or assembler of pressure equipment, we can help you deliver pressure equipment to market more efficiently and cost-effectively.
The Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) is European Legislation aimed at removing the technical barriers to trade relating to the supply of pressure equipment throughout Europe. The PED is based on Essential Safety Requirements (ESRs) that govern design, manufacturing, inspection and testing. PED affects most equipment that will be placed on the market in the European Economic Area (EEA) designed for pressures above 0.5 bar g or 7.25 psi g.
PED covers all types of fixed equipment:
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam Generators
- Pressure Accessories
- Safety Accessories
- Assemblies comprising two or more items listed above
The European directives for pressure equipment consists of:
- Simple pressure vessels (SPVD) - 2014/29/EU: Vessels for compressed air and nitrogen. For example, air compressors, pneumatic systems, braking systems etc.
- Pressure equipment (PED) - 2014/68/EU:: Pressure vessels, heat exchanger, reactors, cryogenic vessels, water tube boilers, shell boilers, safety valves, valves, fire extinguishers, cylinders for breathing apparatus etc.
- Transportable pressure equipment (TPED) - 2010/35/EU: High pressure gas cylinders, LPG cylinders, cryogenic transport vessels, one way bottles, gas cartridges, bundles of cylinders (frames), tanks for transport of gases (cryogenic gases/LPG/etc.) on road and rail.
The directive requirements can be met through the following methods:
- Sound engineering practice (SEP): No CE mark
- Cat. I - Module A: CE by manufacturer
- Cat. I, II, III, or IV - Modules A2, B, C1,C2, D, D1, E, E1, F, G, H, H1: CE by notified body
Some of the satisfied customers obtained Inspection & Certification through us.
|PED Module A/ A1||M/s. Amar Equipments Pvt Ltd., M/s.Ceeyes Metal Engineering Pvt Ltd, |
M/s. Filter Techniks Pvt Ltd., M/s. Trident Pnumatics Pvt. Ltd.
|PED Module D/D1||P M/s. AESSEAL Coldweld Pvt.Ltd., |
M/s. Flowserve Microfinish , M/s. Waree Instruments Limited,
|PED Module G||M/s. Godrej & Boyce Mfg Co. Ltd., Mumbai, M/s. Thermax, Pune |
M/s. Vijay Tanks & Vessels LTd, M/s. Servall Engineering Ltd
M/s. KINECO Pvt. Ltd., M/s. BEKO Compressed Air Technologies
|PED Module H/H1||M/s. Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Coimbatore, M/s. GMM Pfaudler Ltd, Baroda|
M/s. Nirmal Industrial Controls Pvt. Ltd., M/s. Virgo Engineers Ltd.,