Improve your Process and Product
This technical specification aims at the development of a quality management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain and from service providers.
ISO/TS 29001 is developed by industry and quality Experts in collaboration between the American Petroleum Institute (API) and ISO technical committee ISO/TC 67, materials, equipment and offshore structures for petroleum, petro-chemical and natural gas industries.
Incorporating the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 29001:2010 also includes detailed sector-specific requirements for design, development, production, installation and service of products.
- Manufacturers of oil industry equipment and materials
- Service providers to the oil and gas industry
- Purchasers of equipment, materials and services
- Organizations who could use the standard for assessments and certification
Why does the Oil and Gas industry need more than ISO 9001:2008?
- Characteristics of oil and gas industry
- Global industry that operates worldwide (Range of skills, cultures, exposure to international markets)
- Failure of goods or services can have severe consequences
- Consistently verifiable assurance is required
- Owners and operators need to manage the risks arising from using materials and equipment
The petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries are by their very natures risky and dangerous with a potential for damage to the environment and risk to human health and safety. With today’s technical challenges of deeper wells, higher pressures, deeper subsea completions, greater transportation challenges, and larger refining capacities worldwide, the industry will face increasing challenges in its efforts to procure safe and reliable products and services.
TUV India’s well experienced auditors ensure effective sector-specific QMS that provides additional assurance to the customers of our certified clients.