Essential for sustained success for Automotive suppliers
IATF 16949 is published on 1st October 2016 and now replaces ISO/TS 16949.
IATF 16949 along with applicable automotive customer specific requirement, ISO 9001:2015 requirements and ISO 9000:2015 defines the fundamental Quality Management System requirements for automotive production and relevant service parts organizations.
This Automotive QMS Standard defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, assembly, installation, and services of automotive related products, including products with embedded software.
This Automotive QMS Standard should be applied throughout the automotive supply chain.
Several factors make registration to IATF 16949 attractive. Major automotive companies in the world recognize this standard. Its success has led to a move towards the development of globally accepted quality management system.
The benefits of adopting this standard are numerous including increased efficiency and improved quality. Some of the benefits are outlined here:
- Improves product and process quality
- Common quality system approach in the supply chain for development and consistency, ensuring that the organisation works more effectively
- Emphasis on defect prevention
- Reduction of variation and increase in efficiency
- Reduction in multiple third party registrations freeing up time and supplier resources for other quality activities and improvement opportunities that can enhance business