The scope of a damage investigation is to investigate the failure mechanism and to find out the causes of failure.
In most cases equipment failures are caused by one of the following reasons or a combination of them:
- Poor Design
- Incorrect use of materials
- Manufacturing Defects
- Operational Conditions
TÜV HELLAS having experienced and qualified personnel is able to perform failure analysis services and evaluate the cause of failure for a wide range of industrial equipment including:
- Every type of pressure vessel
- Welded structures
- Mechanical fasteners and bolts
- Excavating equipment components
- Lifting equipment/metallic structures
- Rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, shafts, turbines)
- Under this Scope our organization provides material evaluation services such as:
- Material property evaluation
- Material suitability evaluation for various uses
- Evaluation of subcontractor material quality
- Evaluation of material Replacement
- Evaluation of materials conformity to required specifications.
- Development of non destructive procedures for materials control
TÜV HELLAS has offered specialized services for material evaluation, damage investigation and failure analysis in companies such as: ΤΙΤΑΝ, ΤRΑΜ S.A., HELLENIC SHIPYARDS, etc.