Communication Services – Requirements for Providers
ELOT 1435:2009 addresses Providers of Communication Services and concerns their capability to consistently provide communication services that meet their customers’ requirements.
TUV HELLAS is one of the first Certification Bodies, which has been accredited by the National Accreditation System (ESYD) for the standard ELOT 1435 and has certified more than 40 companies.
The Standard ELOT 1435:2009 addresses Providers of Communication Services (Advertising Agencies, Media Specialists, Public Relations Companies, One to One Marketing Companies, Branding and Design Companies). It aims to ensure the Managerial Efficiency and therefore the Quality in Public Sector Marketing through print and electronic media.
It defines certain requirements, which the Providers of Communication Services should meet, regardless of legal form, size or category of provided communication service.
The benefits of a Communication Services Provider, are the following:
- Improvement of organization which eventually leads to the increase of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Systematic control of processes / activities, which results to the avoidance and prevention of failures and errors.
- Conformity with the Law 3688/2008 (FEK 163/Α/2008), which requires that the Certification is a prerequisite for a Communication Service Provider to participate in Public Tenders.
- Clear definition of staff duties and responsibilities, which contributes to the increase of productivity.
- Increase of Customers Confidence and Market Confidence in general, for its ability to provide consistently communication services, given that the audit and the subsequent certification are performed by an Independent Body (Certification Body).
- Increase of Customer Satisfaction.