Controlled Food Safety
The SQF Code is a process and product certification standard which is applicable for all sectors of the food industry from primary production to transport and distribution. The main feature of the SQF Code is its emphasis on the systematic application of HACCP for control of food quality hazards as well as food safety.
Certification of an SQF System is an assurance that the supplier’s food safety plans have been implemented in accordance with the HACCP method and applicable regulatory requirements and that they have been verified and determined effective to manage food safety. It is also a statement of the supplier’s commitment to
1. produce safe quality food,
2. comply with the requirements of the SQF Code, and
3. comply with applicable food legislation.
• Planning and Preparation of the audit
• Execution of the certification audit
a) desk audit
b) facility audit on site
• Calculation of the audit rating
• Issue of the certificate
• Within three certification cycles: Conduction of one unannounced re-certification audit
If you have questions about the certification, please contact TUV UK office or email at email@example.com