IATF 16949 is the International Quality Management Standard specifically written by the Automotive Industry. Since 1999 the standard has provided a globally uniform set of regulations for the evaluation and certification of quality management systems in the automobile industry.
Why TÜV NORD?
TÜV NORD has more than 100 years of experience in automotive solutions and industry working with top OEMs and suppliers across the entire value chain.
Our highly qualified auditors are available in all key regions all over the world.
Your company can take advantage of our experienced professional auditors for immediate and cost-effective support.
Who is IATF 16949 applicable to?
The standard is applicable to any organisation within the automotive supply chain that manufactures and / or adds value to parts for supply to the automotive industry.
What are the benefits of certification to IATF 16949?
- Global recognition as a reputable supplier - certification is recognised and accepted throughout the automotive supply chain as an industry benchmark;
- Customer satisfaction - through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements;
- Reduced cost of compliance with customer specifications - through implementation of a single management system and reduced audit requirements;
- Reduced operating costs - through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies;
- Improved stakeholder relationships - including staff, customers and suppliers;
- Legal compliance - by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organisation and its customers;
- Improved risk management - through greater consistency and traceability of products and services;
- Proven business credentials - through independent verification against recognised standards;
- Ability to win more business - particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply.