HACCP Food Safety
HACCP Codex Alimentarius is an international guideline based on the preventive management of food safety issues and its application is obligatory according to European and Greek legislation.
TÜV HELLAS provides certification services of Food Safety Management Systems according to HACCP CODEX ALIMENTARIUS specification, accredited by the German Accreditation body (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle - DAkkS).
HACCP CODEX ALIMENTARIUS is an international specification based on the preventive management of food safety issues. It was issued by the Codex Alimentarius Committee and its’ implementation is mandatory according to the European and Greek legislation. It consists of a group of hygiene principles based on:
- The analysis and the trace of hazards and
- The evaluation as to their importance
- The determination of critical control points
- The documented control and the verification of the preventive measures
Through the monitoring and the verification of the effectiveness of measures taken, a preventive food safety management system is created, which assures compliance with the valid legislation and is a tool for further improvement.
The standard concerns all organizations involved in the supply chain, including:
- Primary sector (animal feed, plant production) enterprises
- Food Manufacturers (food and animal feed production)
- Storage, Transportation, Wholesale, and Retail companies
The benefits for an organization certified according to the HACCP CODEX ALIMENTARIUS include:
- documented conformity with the relevant national and European legislation
- decrease of the deviations and detection of wrong practices
- readiness for the management of nutritional crises
- strengthening consumers’ feeling of security for the organization and its products
- continuous improvement of the organization’s quality of services and products
TÜV HELLAS is one of the biggest and most reliable and globally recognized certification bodies in Greece. Its perfectly trained personnel, with a wide range of specialties and great expertise, conducts objective, reliable and trustworthy audits for the certification of food safety management systems. TÜV HELLAS certifications offer added value to the products and services of its clients.
TÜV HELLAS (TÜV NORD), in the framework of the continuous updating of its customers and the expansion of its services, from 1st of February 2018, transfers all accredited HACCP Codex Alimentarius Certificates, which are accredited by the Accreditation Body DAKKS to the Accreditation Body ANSI.
The validity of the certificates will not be affected.
For more information and collaboration opportunities, please contact us.