Lifting equipment includes any equipment used at work for lifting or lowering loads, such as all types of cranes, fork-lift trucks, lifts, hoists, concrete pumps, mobile elevating work platforms, as well as the attachments used for anchoring, fixing or supporting loads.
TÜV CYPRUS in collaboration with TÜV HELLAS provides inspection and certification services for lifting equipment according to the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and its constituent standards, as well as national standards and regulations e.g. DIN 15020, VDI 2387 and international standards such as ISO 4310:1981 Cranes.
Our services offer assurance on the safe operation of a lifting machine, and include the following:
- Inspection and review of the equipment’s maintenance documents, manuals, certificates of previous inspections,
- Inspection of the equipment and the attachments used for anchoring, fixing or supporting loads e.g. wire ropes,
- Inspection of compliance with marking and safety requirements,
- Inspection of the mechanical and electrical parts prior to operation,
- Operational inspection with and without the load,
- Operational inspection of all safety devices.
TÜV CYPRUS has offered its inspection and certification services to many companies including the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (CYTA) and VESTA.