Failure analysis and prevention are important applications of all engineering disciplines. The materials engineer often plays a lead role in the analysis of failures, whether a component or product fails in service or if failure occurs in manufacturing or during production processing. The cause of failure must be determined in order to prevent future occurrence, and/or to improve the performance of the component or structure.
In most cases, equipment failures are caused by one of the following reasons or a combination of them:
- Poor Design,
- Incorrect use of materials,
- Manufacturing Defects,
- Operational Conditions.
TÜV CYPRUS in collaboration with TÜV HELLAS performs failure analysis services and can evaluate the cause of failure for a wide range of industrial equipment including:
- Every type of pressure vessel,
- Welded structures,
- Mechanical fasteners and bolts,
- Excavating equipment components,
- Lifting equipment/metallic structures,
- Rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, shafts, turbines).
Our organization provides material evaluation services such as:
- Material property evaluation,
- Material suitability evaluation for various uses,
- Evaluation of subcontractor material quality,
- Evaluation of material replacement,
- Evaluation of materials conformity to required specifications,
- Development of non-destructive procedures for materials control.