ISO 45001:2018 - The new standard for occupational health & safety management
ISO 45001 is an international standard related to occupational Health and Safety Management System. It promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that helps organizations to consistently identify and control health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance, and improve overall performance. It can help organization to improve occupational health and safety performance. ISO 45001 applies to all types and sizes of organizations and accommodates diverse geographical, cultural, and social conditions and replaces OHSAS 18001.
Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series
Work-related accidents and illnesses often result from inappropriate behavior and defects in the organizational structures within companies. Implementation of an occupational health and safety management system according to ISO 45001 helps to correct shortcomings. The system aims to protect the health and the lives of employees, and also limits liability risks for those responsible within the company, contributing to increased profitability and enhanced reputation. Increasing numbers of customers and potential partners now set certification according to ISO 45001 as a requirement.
Target groups for certification
Introduction and certification of an occupational health and safety management system is suitable for organizations from all sectors. Because the standard applies worldwide, certification according to ISO 45001 is of particular benefit to companies who work internationally. In addition, it is recommended for implementation of an integrated management system in combination with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Benefits of certification
Certified companies optimize their processes in the area of safety and health and therefore can expect fewer operational disturbances. Amongst other things, this leads to cost savings based on lower accident and illness rates, increased safety awareness on the part of employees and greater legal certainty for those responsible for safety within the company. In addition, successful certification enhances image and creates competitive advantages.
Prerequisites for certification
Use of the implemented safety and health management system according to the requirements of ISO 45001 is required over a period of at least three months prior to certification.
Essential requirements include:
- Establishment/communication of the occupational health and safety policy, objectives and programs
- Identification/evaluation of risks existing at the workplace
- Observance of the legislation related to occupational health and safety
- Determination of measures to be used in emergencies, risk avoidance measures
- Establishment/communication of responsibilities in the area of occupational health and safety
- Training/instruction of employees in matters relating to occupational health and safety
- Internal review and assessment of the occupational health and safety management system, along with continuous improvement
- Ability to apply best practices of occupational health & safety across many industry sectors
- Explain and apply requirements of ISO 45001:2018 within context of your organisation
- Help organisations drive improved governance, market access and business opportunities, as result of certification process
- Experienced auditors and trainers, considered best of breed in Singapore
Customer Guidelines for Certification of Management Systems
It describes the requirements of the management systems certification process offered by TUV NORD Singapore. It describes the procedures and rules by which TUV NORD Singapore manages certification, granting a certificate, and the continuation of certification, as well as the auditee / inspection customer responsibilities for maintaining certification.
Our know-how for your success
TÜV NORD is a well-established and reliable partner for inspection and certification services. Our experts and auditors have extensive knowledge based on experience and are generally permanently employed by TÜV NORD. This guarantees independence and neutrality, and also means we can offer continuity in supporting our clients. The benefit to you is clear: our auditors accompany and support the development of your company and provide you with objective feedback.