Food Safety Management System
Again and again, consumers are made to feel insecure because of headlines about quality problems in the food industry. Food safety is more important than ever and has absolute priority for all the links in the food distribution chain. The aim is to ensure that consumers in globalized markets can be supplied with safe products over the entire food chain by means of standardization.
ISO 22000: Hand in hand for optimum results
The new ISO 22000 standard, which is valid all over the world, was developed by international food experts for companies of all sizes within the food industry. Following the philosophy of „from ﬁeld to plate“, the scope of ISO 22000 not only covers all the links within the actual food chain, but also companies from upstream and downstream sectors. These include among others:
- Food manufacturers
- Animal feed manufacturers
- Primary production (animals and plants)
- Transport, storage
- Wholesalers and retailers
- Packaging, cleaning agent and additive industry
ISO 22000: This standard beneﬁts everyone
As all the stages of the food chain are covered, this standard achieves harmonization which meets the interests of all the individuals concerned. For example, among others, ISO 22000 covers a large number of the requirements of retailing standards. As this standard was developed on the international level, the corresponding certiﬁcates are recognized worldwide. This is an important aspect, especially for companies who concentrate heavily on exports. Other special beneﬁts include the systematic integration of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and continuous improvement of the food safety system. In contrast to the BRC and IFS standards, ISO 22000 does not contain any concrete requirements as regards “good practice“. Each company should lay down its own speciﬁc measures.
Requirements of ISO 22000
- Planning, introduction, maintenance and updating of a management system with the objective of increasing product safety and ensuring traceability
- Demonstration of fulﬁlment of applicable requirements regarding product safety
- Fulﬁlment of customer requirements and assessment of customer satisfaction
- Effective communication with suppliers, customers and interested groups within the food chain
- Ensuring fulﬁlment and implementation of the food safety policy which has been formulated
- Duty to provide information regarding legal conformity to the relevant organizations and authorities
If your company has already been certiﬁed in accordance with existing food industry standards, certiﬁcation according to ISO 22000 will further facilitate and support this.
Our know-how for your success
TÜV NORD is an independent and internationally recognized certiﬁcation company with many years of experience. Our auditors are competent specialists with speciﬁc additional qualiﬁcations for the different areas within the food chain.
TÜV NORD Indonesia has been accredited by KAN (Indonesia accreditation body) with accreditation No. LSSMKP-004-IDN.
We will support you with our know-how and will develop tailormade proposals for your company within a process which is fast, unbureaucratic, cost-effective and transparent.
Give your customers more conﬁdence – we will support you!