Energy Management Systems
Energy has long held considerable significance for manufacturing industry as a factor within the competitive environment. But the potential offered by improved energy efficiency is also increasingly recognized by those engaged in trade and the service industries, as well as by the public sector. Continuous optimization of energy management is necessary in order to reduce energy costs and protect the environment. This is where the ISO 50001 standards play an important role: they support companies and other organizations and institutions in the development of systems and processes designed to improve energy efficiency.
In its “Energy Concept”, the Federal Government has announced its intention to only grant certain concessions in the areas of energy and electricity taxation as from 2013 if organizations contribute towards energy saving. Suitable proof of this contribution can be provided in the form of certified recording and reporting within energy management systems (EnMS) in accordance with ISO 50001.
Target groups for certification A certified energy management system is recommended for all organizations looking to sustainably improve their energy efficiency. In addition to manufacturing industry, such organizations can include trading companies and service providers as well as public sector bodies.
Benefits of certification
- possible tax breaks
- identification of savings potential
- lower energy costs
- reduction of carbon emissions improvements in sustainability (efficiency in the use of resources)
- image enhancement and better market opportunities
Prerequisites for certification
Prerequisites include the following:
- definition of the scope of the EnMS
- formulation of energy policy
- appointment of energy management representative(s)
- determination of the relevant energy aspects
- determination of past and present energy consumption
- estimation of future energy consumption
- selection of effective energy performance indicators
- suitable, measurable and achievable energy objectives and targets
- internal communication regarding the EnMS
- documentation of the EnMS
- training of personnel
- commitment to continual improvement of the energy performance
Our know-how for your success
TÜV NORD Indonesia is a well-established and reliable partner for inspection and certification services. Our experts and auditors have extensive knowledge based on experience and are generally permanently employed by TÜV NORD. This guarantees independence and neutrality, and also means we can offer continuity in supporting our clients. The benefit to you is clear: our auditors accompany and support the development of your company and provide you with objective feedback.