The standard defines the requirements of a food safety management system covering all entire food chain from "farm to fork", including catering and packaging companies.
ISO 22000 is a safety standard that is accepted and trusted the world over. Organisations that implement the ISO 22000 standard demonstrate compliance with all relevant regulatory food safety requirements. The intention of this standard is to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing food products that are safe for the consumer.
- Developed by ISO and globally acknowledged
- Comprehensive standard covers all aspects of the business and aligned to ISO 9001
- Applicable for all the stakeholders in the food chain (primary producer/input or equipment manufacturer/food processor)
- Certification valid for 3 years
- Certification (stage 1 & 2) followed by annual surveillances