For every assessment, TÜV NORD Thailand will deploy auditors with standard and industry code qualifications to deliver an effective audit. Please see below for the process road-map in application and maintenance of management systems certification.
Application for Certification:
Under the requirements of ISO 17021, TÜV NORD Thailand is required to conduct a review of customer’s application for certification. This is to ensure that:
- Information about the applicant organization and its management system is sufficient to develop an audit program
- Any known difference in understanding between the certification body and the applicant organization (customer) is resolved
- TÜV NORD Thailand has the competence and ability to perform the certification activity
- The scope of certification sought, the site(s) of the applicant organization’s operations, time required to complete audits and any other points influencing the certification activity are taken into account (such as language, safety conditions, threats to impartiality, etc.)
As such, TÜV NORD Thailand will request applicants to provide, through a questionnaire, a self-declaration with the following information:
Desired scope of the certification:
- Relevant details of the applicant organization as required by the specific certification scheme, including its name and the address(es) of its site(s), its processes and operations, human and technical resources, functions, relationships and any relevant legal obligations
- Identification of outsourced processes used by the organization that will affect conformity to requirements
- The standards or other requirements for which the applicant organization is seeking certification
- Whether consultancy relating to the management system to be certified has been provided and, if so, by whom After the completed questionnaire has been furnished, TÜV NORD Thailand will verify the information and assess if appropriate to conduct the audit and certification of app
Process for Initial Certification:
- Contact by client with our sales representative
- Application review and determine the time required and the costs
- Planning of suitable audit schedule and competent team
- Execution and successful closure of Stage 1 audit
- Execution and successful closure of Stage 2 Audit
- Issue of audit report
- Submission of documentation to Certification Office with recommendation for certification
- After positive review, grant of certificate and marks
Within the period of validity of the certificate (3 years) on-site surveillance audits shall be conducted at least once per calendar year, with the exception of the years in which a recertification audit is performed. The 1st surveillance audit date following initial certification shall not more than 12 months from the certification decision date.
A recertification audit will be conducted in order to review the overall management system implementation and effectiveness in the organization. The entire re-certification process shall be completed well in advance of the expiry of the certification to ensure timely re-issue of certificate for the continuity of certification.
Refusal of certification:
This relates to the non-issuance of the certificate. The refusing of the certificate is possible, when the company doesn´t meet the requirements of the relevant standard or it is not able to be certified.
Extension of Certification Scope - General Conditions:
TÜV NORD Thailand, in response to an application for extension/reduction to the scope of a certification already granted, undertake a review of the application and determine any audit activities necessary to decide whether or not the request be granted. This may be conducted in conjunction with the surveillance audit, re-certification audit or on an independently selected date. The validity period of the certificate remains unaffected. The audit team leader / audit team will review the Management System documents concerning the extended areas / new locations/reductions and audit all requirements which are affected by it.