Feed additives and premixtures quality system
FAMI-QS is the Quality and Safety System for Specialty Feed Ingredients and their Mixtures.
The FAMI-QS Code addresses safety, quality and regulatory compliance of specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures by:
- minimizing the risk that unsafe specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures enter the feed and food chain;
- enabling an operator to implement the objectives of the Feed Hygiene Regulation (183/2005/EC); and
- providing measures to ensure that other feed safety regulatory requirements are met.
FAMI-QS is a pioneer in its field as it is the only certifiable code specifically aimed at specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures. It was also the first Community Guide to Good Practice to obtain official recognition from the European Commission as foreseen in the Feed Hygiene Regulation. The FAMI-QS code and guidance documents cover feed safety management systems including the implementation of Good Manufacturing Practice, risk analysis, risk control (HACCP), regulatory compliance, traceability and crisis management.
Why FAMI-QS certification?
- A tool for the implementation of Feed Legislation (local and the intend country of export)
- Operators responsibility for feed and food safety
- Minimizing the risk that unsafe specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures enter the feed and food chain
- FAMI-QS certification international recognized by market partners and authorities
- Accumulated vast knowledge base and experience in the sector
- Made from the industry for the industry (non-profit organisation)