New projects / New Products:
1) New Accreditation and Notification for Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC:
The Machinery Directive only applies to products that are to be placed on the EU market for the first time and promotes the free movement of machinery within the Single Market as well as guarantees a high level of protection for EU workers and citizens.
As it is a 'New Approach' Directive, it promotes harmonisation through a combination of mandatory health and safety requirements and voluntary harmonised standards.
2) Initial Lifts Inspection at Oval building, the tallest office building in Cyprus:
Oval Building is the tallest office building in Cyprus, a brand new building located in Limassol and TUV Cyprus was responsible to conduct the Initial Inspection of its lifts according to the European Directive 2014/33/EU and the standard EN 81-1:1998+A3:2010.
3) ‘ZERO WASTE TO LANDFILL’ Verification for CYTA:
Cyta is a semi-government organization and is considered to be the leading provider of integrated electronic communications services in Cyprus.
Cyta is the first organization in Cyprus with the verification of "Zero Waste to Landfill” by TUV Cyprus and their goal is to become a zero-waste organization. The waste recycling rate of Cyta is 95.5%, with only 4.5% reaching the landfill, which is considered to be a great success.
4) Eureka - Eurostars coordination meeting in Nicosia, Cyprus:
A meeting was organized at TUV Cyprus offices, regarding the participation of TUV Cyprus to a project which was approved for application by Eureka Eurostars evaluation committee where TUV Cyprus will be responsible for the Solar Keymark Certification according to the leading standard EN12975. The meeting attended all the companies which participating to the project in order to discuss the further actions leading to the certification process.
The main goals of the project are to develop a mass production line for hybrid PVT and to further develop hybrid PVT collector to be suitable for mass production.
1) Certification of GDL-GREEN ENERGY GROUP LTD company according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
2) Certification of ΕNDOVASC LTD company according to ISO 9001.
3) Certification of ATD BLUE PHOENIX TRADING LTD company according to ISO 9001
4) Certification of ΒLUESUN AUTOMATION LTD company according to the standard ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001
5) Certification of Μ.Τ. ΤΑRGET MEDICAL LTD company according to the standard ISO 9001
6) Certification of GPA HEALTH LTD company according to the standard ISO 9001
7) Certification of PARTNERNET (CYPRUS) LTD company according to the standard ISO 9001
8) Certification of UPTOWN SQUARE LTD company according to the standard ISO 22000
9) Certification of MAYFAIR HOTELS LTD company according to the standard ISO 22000
10) Certification of GEO PEST CONSULTANTS CO LTD company according to the standard ISO 9001
1) Certification of the Construction company CHRYSANTHOS TOYMBAS & YIOI LTD according to the standard EN 13242.
2) Certification of the company CH.Κ LATOMIA SARAMA LTD according to the standards EN 13242 and EN 13139.
1. Inspection of 2 Lifting Equipment at Integrated Waste Management Facility Unit (O.E.D.A) in Pentakomo Limassol:
The Lifting Equipment was inspected according to the Legislation P.I. 349/1991 (The occupational safety and health in dockwork regulations of 1991), GG 1186/B/2003 (Regulation of lifting equipment inspection) as well as the Factories Law (Chapter 134).
The project was implemented by the Interior Ministry of Cyprus and is including, among others, a Mechanical Screening Plant for the recovery of recyclable materials (ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, plastics, paper, glass) designed to handle about 140,000 tons of mixed household waste per year, Mechanical processing of an additional 20,000 tons per year of pre-fabricated domestic and commercial-industrial recyclable materials collected from Sorting at Source Programs.
“European Directive TPED 2010/35/EU and ADR 2015 (Chapters 6.2 & 6.8)” Training in cooperation with TÜV Croatia:
A two days seminar was organized in Cyprus in collaboration with TÜV Croatia regarding the TPED & ADR. The goal of the training was to enhance the knowledge of TUV Cyprus’ inspectors.
Major Sponsor of the 5th International Conference ‘Construction Safety & Health - Vision Zero: Problems to Practical Solutions’:
TÜV Cyprus participated as a Major Sponsor to the 5th International Conference for Safety & Health in Construction Projects which held in Cyprus on 26th – 27th of May 2017. The conference has been organised by the Cypriot Association of Civil Engineers and over 200 people attended. The aim of the conference was to present the Seven Golden Rules of Safety & Health as well as the practical solutions to the problems to achieve Zero Vision.