IFS Food is a Standard for auditing retailer and wholesaler branded food product suppliers and only concerns food processing companies or companies that pack loose food products. The IFS Food can only be used when a product is “processed” or when there is a hazard for product contamination during the primary packing.
IFS will help your company to:
- Set requirements for food safety schemes.
- Improve cost efficiency throughout the food supply chain.
- Improved confidence in suppliers and products.
- Reduced time spent on supplier screening.
- Less time spent reworking or returning product outside specification.
- Expert witness.
- Ability to reduce individual inspection costs by combining a variety of different inspections at the same time.
- Improved understanding between management and staff relating to standards and procedures.
- Monitoring of compliance with food regulations.
- More effective use of resources.
- Reduction in the need for customer inspections.
- Improved business reputation as a supplier of high-quality product.
- Ability t trade with customers insisting on independent inspection.