BRC/IOP Global Standard Food Packaging and Other Packaging Materials The Standard is the benchmark for best practice across the packaging industry for the packaging of food and other non-food products. The revised Standard has arisen out of extensive consultation between the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the Institute of Packaging (IOP), packaging suppliers, food manufacturers, and third party certification bodies.
BRC –IOP will help your company to:
- Cost savings can be made through improved efficiency and productivity.
- Improvements can be developed, resulting in less waste, inappropriate or rejected work and fewer complaints.
- Certification to the standard provides credibility.
- Assists Companies choose approved suppliers with confidence.
- Provides assurance that suppliers are following good manufacturing practice and are meeting their legal requirements.
- Provision of a single recognized third party audit report saves time money and inconvenience.
- Control hygiene and contamination hazards.