On the safe side – all over the world
In order to take account of increasing demands for consumer protection and also to ensure safety in cross-border movement of goods, the British Retail Consortium (BRC) has developed internationally valid, unified standards with the emphasis on quality, safety and legal compliance. These are the Global Standard for Food Safety and the Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials.
The Standard was developed to assist retailers in their fulfillment of legal obligations and protection of the consumer, by providing a common basis for the audit of companies supplying retailer branded food products.
BRC Global Food Standard will help your company to:
- Develop a baseline of energy use.
- Provides an independent and objective view of an organizations operations.
- Verifies technical performance.
- Aids manufacturers’ fulfillment of legal.
- Obligations and helps provide protection to consumers and retailers.
- Improves market access.
- It could reduce the number of food safety audits by each retailer and allow technologists to concentrate on other areas, such as product development, or specific quality issues.
- Many food retailers and manufacturers only accept suppliers with BRC. certification.
- Following a successful audit, the capability of suppliers is documented by listing and registration on the BRC database.
- Raising the profile of the individual supplier.
- Certification leads to image enhancement, reduces risks and warranty claims and makes a contribution to food safety in general.