According to the international Organization for standardization , In today’s single world market , implementing Environmental Management system has become a major demonstration for sound business management that results in advantages in financing , insurance, marketing, regulatory and other areas of operations as EMS standard helps your company identify and control its environmental risks as part of your normal business practices.
ISO 14001 provides a solid base for compliance with international environmental standards , meeting with challenges & hence realizing the benefits above.
ISO 14001 will help your company to :
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving legal regulatory compliance to regulators and government.
- Demonstrate your environmental commitment to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an innovative and forward thinking approach to customers and prospective employees.
- Increase your access to new customers and business partners.
- Better manage your environmental risks , now and in the future.
- Potentially reduce public liability insurance costs.
- Enhance your reputation. Continual improvement of environmental performance.
- Adherence to environmental legislation/legal conformity.
Certification according to EMAS includes requirements which extend beyond those of the worldwide ISO 14001 standard. Among others, these include the obligation to undertake an environmental review, to make use of the best technology available and to present the environmental management of the organization to the general public in the form of an environmental statement. The objective is to achieve continual improvement over and above legal environmental requirements. EMAS participants are entered into a public register and receive a certificate from the relevant registration body.