NEW Food Safety Code
Addresses the food safety requirements for
Summary of Changes
- Use of the term “site” (rather than "supplier," "facility," etc.) to describe the entity described in the scope of certification used through out the Code.
- Quality elements (formerly level 3) now found in SQF Quality Code.
- The term "pre-requisite programs" has been changed to use "Good Manufacturing Practices/Good Distribution Practices/Good Agricultural Practices/Good Aquacultural Practices, etc." as appropriate
- Mandatory elements now designated as “(Mandatory)”
- Terminology used is now specific to the food sector per Code.
Other SQF Certifications
Certification of an SQF System is an assurance that the supplier’s food safety plans have been implemented in accordance with the HACCP method and applicable regulatory requirements and that they have been verified and determined effective to manage food safety.Read more