Risk assessment is fundamental to compliance with health and safety law and essential to reducing risks and preventing accidents at work. This course aims to dispel any myths surrounding risk assessment and provides basic but essential background knowledge for employees at all levels.
To ensure delegates have an awareness of both the theory and practice of risk assessment and the confidence to carry them out, and to encourage them to improve practices within their workplaces.
Who should attend?
- Individuals with any responsibility for health and safety at work.
- Managers and supervisors.
- ll employees required to carry out risk assessments
On completion of the course candidates should have awareness of:
- Definition and significance of risk assessment
- Law related to risk assessment
- Employees and employers responsibilities
- Components of risk assessment – step-by-step approach
- How to carry out qualitative risk assessment in the workplace
- How to approach the judgement of risk and using numbers to help
- Principles and hierarchy of risk control Practical measures to control risk
- Teamwork in risk assessment
This course encourages interaction with candidates and participation and covers not just theory and exercise sessions but also questions and discussion on risk assessment in their own workplace and problem solvin
Assessment and Certification
Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate of attendance.