IOSH Working Safely
IOSH Working Safety is a nationally recognised certificated training course that focuses on how health and safety is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to their own wellbeing and that of others by changing behaviour.
This course aims to provide awareness of safety issues in the workplace and an understanding of why safety at work is important.
Who should attend?
- People at any level and in any sector that need a grounding in the essentials of health and safety
On completion of the course candidates should understand:
- Introducing health and safety and the importance of personal responsibility
- Reality behind accident statistics
- Definitions of hazard and risk
- How to identify all the main common hazards in the workplace
- How safety performance can be improved
- Reducing the environmental impact of waste and pollution
This course is designed by IOSH to be fun and jargon free, uses clear scenarios drawn from real work situations and encourages interaction with candidates and participation; it incorporates games, quizzes and a delegate workbook.
Assessment and Certification
Assessments including questions and a hazard spotting exercise are built into the day’s training. Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).