General Health and Safety Training
Fire Safety Awareness
Fire risk remains a serious threat to all businesses, many of whom do not recover from a serious fire. This course provides essential background knowledge for all employees, especially those with fire warden responsibilities, and will assist employers in fulfilling their responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO).
This course aims to provide basic awareness of all fire related issues at work, including fire warden duties.
Who should attend?
- All staff
- Those with fire warden responsibilities at work.
On completion of the course candidates should understand:
- Duties of employees and employers under fire legislation
- Basic principles of fire safety including:
- Prevention, detection and warning
- Escape, fire fighting, preventing fire spread
- “The Fire Triangle”
- Causes of fire; ignition and fuel sources
- Purpose, types and use of fire extinguishers
- Standard fire instructions
- Discovering a fire
- Hearing fire alarm sounder / warning
- Fire evacuation and role of fire wardens
This course encourages interaction with candidates and participation and includes questions and discussion on fire issues in their own workplace and problem solving as well as classroom instruction.
Assessment and Certification
Candidates who attend and successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate of attendance.