The ISO 9001:2008 deadline has expired in September 2018.
ISO 9001:2015 is the latest version of this Quality Management Certification. Our support team at TÜV UK Ltd will help you with any enquiries on ISO 9001:2015. Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Please download here our ISO 9001:2015 guidance provided with all major changes from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015.
Why ISO 9001 is changing
All ISO management system standards are subject to a periodic review under the rules by which they are written. Following a user survey the ISO Committee responsible for ISO 9001 determined that a review was appropriate and created the following objectives to maintain its relevance in today’s market place:
- Integrate with other management systems
- Provide an integrated approach to organisational management
- Provide a consistent foundation for the next 10 years
- Reflect the increasingly complex environments in which organisations’ operate
- Ensure the new Standard reflects the needs of all potential user groups
- Enhance an organisation’s ability to satisfy its customers
ISO 9001 version 2015: key changes
The key changes in the proposed standard for 2015 are:
- Context of the organisation
- The emphasis on leadership
- The focus on risk management
- Emphasis on objectives, measurement and change
- Communication and awareness
- Fewer prescriptive requirements
For further and detailed information, please click here.
ISO 9001 requirements: a comparison
Scope of the quality management system
1.2 and 4.2.2
Leadership and involvement
Make the quality policy known
Roles, responsibilities and powers within the organization
5.5.1 / 5.5.2
Actions to tackle risks and opportunities
Quality objectives and the planning to achieve them
Environment for the execution of processes
Means for monitoring and measuring
Knowledge within the organization
Operational planning and control
Communication with the customer
Establishing requirements for products and services
Assessment of the requirements of products and services
Design and development
8.3.1 to 8.3.6
7.3.1 to 7.3.7
Control of externally delivered processes, products and services
8.4 to 8.4.3
7.4.1 to 7.4.3
Production and delivery of services
8.5.1 to 8.5.6
7.5.1 to 7.5.5
Release of products and services
Control of deviant outputs
8.7.1 to 8.7.2
Performance evaluation - General
10 to 10.3
8.5 to 8.5.3
ISO 9001 FAQs
- From when is it possible to certify according to the new Standard? From when can audits be carried out based on this?
- How much more expensive will the first certification be, if a company goes directly to the new Standard?
- Do we recommend for first certifications that only the new Standard should be considered?
Please find more FAQ in our ISO 9001:2015 FAQs.