EN/AS 9100ff - at its highest with TÜV NORD CERT
We at TÜV NORD CERT audit and certify companies according to the requirements of the aerospace industry based on the EN/AS-9100 ff series of standards, both nationally and internationally.
For the increased quality and safety requirements in the aerospace industry, the requirements of the known standard ISO 9001 have been expanded in an industry-specific way in EN/AS 9100ff. The EN/AS 9100ff series of standards can be used for all companies in the aerospace industry, i.e. for manufacturers, suppliers, dealers, and service providers.
For approval of suppliers in the aerospace industry, the manufacturers are required to have certification as per EN/AS-9100. Thus, only suppliers who are certified as per EN/AS 9100ff are registered in the international OASIS database of the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) r.
In addition to the basic requirements for a quality management system, the focus of the standard requirements of EN/AS 9100ff is in the areas of:
- Configuration management system: Monitoring the function and the stage of construction of products over their entire service life;
- Traceability: Relating to all of the raw materials used and the procedures, tools and qualification of the personnel used;
- Definition of safety and function: For harmonizing the requirements of the customers and authorities;
- Risk analysis and assessment: e.g. when using new technologies.
Just as for BS EN ISO 9001, companies must implement and document the requirements of EN/AS 9100ff and have a certification audit performed, which proves the standard's requirements have been implemented, in order to become certified.
TÜV NORD CERT provides an internationally recognised certification process for this, which looks like the following:
- Coordination of the joint structuring and scheduling of the audit;
- Opportunity to assess the readiness for certification, e.g. based on an optional pre-audit;
- Performing the audit by means of an internationally standardised list of questions and evaluation in a two-stage process;
- Creation of a preliminary report on the results (incl. scoring) immediately after the audit; Conclusion of the audit, certification decision and sending the audit report;
- Issuance of the certification when compliance with the requirements has been proven;
- Entry into the OASIS database (upon customer request).
Our audits are only performed by approved auditors, who have passed corresponding tests and who have suitable professional experience in the aerospace industry. To be approved, the auditors have also been trained and tested in a training system for implementing the standard's requirements, which is recognised by the IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group) and Federal Association of the German Aerospace Industry (BDLI).