Weld Procedure Approvals and Welder Certification
TÜV UK Ltd is a full Member of SAFed and a European Notified Body / Approved Inspection Body appointed by the UK Department of Trade and Industry. We undertake the examinations of Materials, Fabrications, Pressure Vessels & Pipework, Boiler Components, Structures, Hygienic Pipework, Gas Cylinders, Valves etc.
We specialise in the undertaking of Weld Procedure Qualification, Welder Certification and Weld Procedure Specification Formulation in all types of welding processes.
We have a dedicated team of engineers based in the UK and Ireland with experience in a vast array of materials, from Carbon Steel to Super Duplex to Aluminium to Tantalum. We offer a Third Party Independent, Impartial Verification of welding processes at your premises or sites to meet the requirements of:
- BS EN ISO 15614 Parts 1 to 13
- BS EN 287.1
- ISO 9606 Parts 2 to 5
- BS EN 1418 /ISO 14732 / BS EN 13133 & BS EN 13134
- BS 4515 (BS 288.9)
- BS 4872
- BS 2971
- BS 1140 / EN 14373 / EN 16432
- ASME IX:2010
- ASME B31.1 to B31.5, B31.8, 31.9, B31.11 and B31.12
- AWS D1.1
- NACE, NORSOK, NSSS, DIN, AD MERKBLATT, EEMUA, RCC-M
We also assess Quality Management Systems against BS EN 3834, BS EN 1090 and BS EN 14554
We are also a welding approval body for the VBRA (Vehicle Body Repair Assoc.)
Our Primary Service
- We can assist or advise in the formulation of Welding / Brazing Specifications.
- We will advise our client of the most cost effective testing for their product range.
- We adopt a user friendly approach to the invigilation of Welder / Brazer tests.
- Tests can be conducted on-site or in-works throughout the UK.
- We arrange for the transportation of specimens to an NDT / Mechanical Lab.
- All NDT is by approved personnel and Mechanical Tests by UKAS accredited Labs as appropriate, and subject to TÜV UK validation.
- On completion of testing we issue 3rd Party TÜV UK Certification.
- It is our policy to offer a service attitude whilst maintaining our 3rd Party Status. If required we can offer references to that effect.
- We offer competitive prices against any equally accredited organisation, e.g. a lump sum price for all testing and the issue of certification, price per test inclusive basis or a price per hour/day.
- We can also arrange welder training at a purpose built centre if required.
- We offer a “ONE STOP SHOP” service for all your welding needs.