TUV NORD Singapore collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we communicate with you. We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you. We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information. TUV NORD Singapore’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
2. Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Engage our services
- Sign up for our events and training sessions
- Work with us as a partner for test, inspection, certification and training
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
- Participate in a competition, lucky draw or survey
3. The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the TUV NORD Singapore services you use.
Here are key examples:
- Your identity – This includes NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth,***any form of biometric that you may have submitted, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details.
- Your interaction with us – For example, a note or recording of a call you make to one of our customer representatives, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information – For example, the services you use or other details related to your account.
- Information on your location – For example, designated locations for delivering our services.
- Information on job scope – For example, classroom discussions during training or information provided during course of audit.
- Your preferences – This is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted. • Information from other organisations – These organisations include consultants, business partners or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
4. How we use your information
We may use your information for:
- Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders and activate or terminate services
- Enable us to process bills and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
Legal & regulatory requirements
Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations. We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of TUV NORD Singapore for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission. We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
5. Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Companies in the TUV NORD Group
- Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have engaged
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating GIRO payments. Your information is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
6. Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
7. Respecting your contact preferences
TÜV NORD Singapore is committed to complying with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging our customers in a more targeted and relevant way. We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
- You have given us consent, or
- You have not registered with the national DNC Registry
- The sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.