Suspension, restoration, withdrawal, reduction/expansion, and cancellation certification
TÜV NORD Singapore reserves the right to suspend, withdraw, reduce/expand scopes or cancel the certification by giving the client notice of its intention.
The certificate may be suspended or withdrawn if:
- Major non-compliance against requirements was not rectified but immediate withdrawal of certificate is not considered necessary
- The company has violated the terms and conditions governing the schemes
- No production for a specified period
- The certified customer not allowing the conduct of a surveillance or recertification audit within the given time frame
- The certified customers not allowing the performance of the surveillance or recertification audits in the defined frequency
- The client's certified management system has persistently or seriously failed to meet certification requirements, including requirements for the effectiveness of the management system
- Insolvency of the certificate holder or non-payment of liabilities
- A certified client can voluntarily request for a suspension or withdrawal of their certification
What happens in event of certification suspension?
In the event of suspension, TÜV NORD Singapore shall communicate to the certified company in writing and indicate the reason for suspension and the conditions under which the suspension will be removed. Company will also be advised to stop the promotion of their certification during the suspension period and its management system certification is deemed temporarily invalid.
TÜV NORD Singapore shall restore the suspended certification if the issue that has resulted in the suspension has been resolved within 6 months. Failure to resolve the issues that resulted in the suspension in a time shall result in withdrawal or reduction of the scope of certification.
In other words,the client's scope of certification will exclude the parts not meeting the requirements, when the client has persistently or seriously failed to meet the certification requirements, those parts of the scope of certification. Once a certificate has been withdrawn it may only be regained through an initial audit.
Conditions for Withdrawal of Certification
The certificate may be withdrawn if:
- The certified company requested for it
- The certified company fails to pay the certification related fees
- The certified company fails to take corrective measures during the suspension period
- Consistent misuse of certification status or certification mark
- The certified company consistently violated the terms and conditions governing the scheme
What happens if certification is withdrawn?
TÜV NORD Singapore shall inform the certified company in writing of the withdrawal. A company, which had its certificate withdrawn, may re-apply for certification and shall be treated as a fresh application.
Upon suspension or withdrawal of a certified company from certification, TÜV NORD Singapore will notify, where applicable, the relevant accreditation body or its associated bodies within the required timeframe.
Enquiry on valid certificates
For certifications under DAkkS accreditation, please search for valid certificates under https://www.tuev-nord.de/en/company/certification/certificate-database/.
For enquires on companies certified under SAC accreditations, please contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +65 6904 6700