TUV NORD Singapore personnel are exposed to a significant amount of proprietary information regarding supplier products, facilities, organization, and procedures in the conduct of certification programs. Ensuring that this information is kept confidential is a major concern to TUV NORD Singapore. Measures to preserve confidentiality are implemented in informing personnel and in the administrative and procedural structures of the certification systems.
The following measures are implemented:
- The employment agreement signed by each employee contains a declaration of confidentiality of third party and company information. Contracted certification personnel sign an agreement which includes confidentiality.
- Confidentiality is emphasized in formal auditor training.
- Confidential treatment of supplier processes and procedures is discussed with supplier management in the opening meeting.
- Commitment to confidentiality is documented in the contract package. The audit plan for the supplier audit is to contain a confidentiality statement. Supplier documents submitted to and retained by TUV NORD Singapore shall be safeguarded in storage.
- TUV NORD Singapore's working documents containing information proprietary to the supplier shall be handled with discretion and appropriately stored.
- Records pertaining to supplier certification programs are safeguarded for at least 6 years during which access by TUV NORD Singapore personnel is restricted.
- Special arrangements regarding confidentiality may be submitted by the supplier.
- All levels of personnel and committees are included in arrangements to assure confidentiality.
- Confidentiality Agreement may be submitted to supplier upon request.
- Auditors agree to sign confidentiality agreements required by suppliers.