ISO 22000 is an international standard related to Food Safety Management System. It links to the presence of food-borne hazards in food at the point of consumption. Since food safety hazards can occur at any stage in the food chain, it is essential that adequate control be in place. ISO 22000 can help to ensure the safety of its food products.
ISO 22000 is a generic food safety management standard, it can be used by any organization directly or indirectly involved in the food chain. It applies to all organizations in the food chain, regardless of the size and how complex the organization is. It is a network of interrelated elements that combine to ensure that food does not cause adverse human health effect.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification:
- Demonstrates compliance with external and legal safety requirements
- Provides safe products and enhance customer satisfaction
- Penetrate international markets
- Ensures that products do not cause adverse health effects
- Enhancement is communication related to safety issues throughout the food chain
- Increase compliance with food safety policy