ISO 14001 is an international standard related to Enviromental Management System, which specifies a set of environmental management requirements. It applies to those environmental aspects which the organization has control and over which it can be expected to have an influence.ISO 14001 can help all types of organizations to protect the environment, to prevent pollution, and to improve environmental performace. Prevention of pollution, compliance with legislation, and continual improvement are the fundamental commitments required.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification:
- Improvements in overall environmental performance and compliance
- Provide a framework for using pollution prevention practices to meet EMS objectives
- Increased efficiency and potential cost savings when managing environmental obligations
- Promote predictability and consistency in managing environmental obligations
- More effective targeting of scarce environmental management resources
- Enhance public posture with outside stakeholders