ISO/TS 16949 is an international standard related to Quality Management System for Automotive. It is ISO 9001 based and it provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain.
ISO/TS 16949 was prepared by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and the "Technical Committee" of ISO, and specifically written by the Automotive Industry in a concerted effort to improve quality and assure the integrity of supplies to the industry. Subscribers to the standard include BMW, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Ford, General Motors, PSA, Renault and Volkswagen. ISO/TS 16949 can be applied throughout the supply chain in the automotive industry.
Benefits of ISO/TS 16949 Certification:
- Improves the system and quality process
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Identify problems and risks in production process and supply chain
- Elimate causes and examine taken correction and preventive measures for effectiveness
- Focus lies not on the discovery, but on the avoidance of errors
- Global recognition as a reputable supplier