Personnel certification center
TUV NORD Baltik performs certification of professional competence of welding personnel in the regulated and unregulated spheres. On August 15, 2007 Personnel Certification Centre of TUV NORD Baltik has been accredited by the Latvian National Accreditation Bureau LATAK in accordance with European standard LVS EN ISO / IEC 17024 and has proved its competence to certify following types of professional qualification of welders:
- Welder of metals in the regulated sphere (Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia Nr. 588 of 18.07.2006 "Procedures for certification of welders and NDT inspectors in the regulated sphere" part II);
- Welder of pressure equipment and its assemblies (Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia Nr. 348 of 07.06.2016 "Regulations on pressure equipment and its assemblies" and Directive 2014/68/EU;
- Welder of metals in non-regulated sphere (Procedure of TUV NORD Baltik Nr. M (2.4) 3007-001-M of 08.06.2016 "Certification of a candidate. Welder"). Certification is carried out in accordance with standards EN 287-1:2012 and EN ISO 9606 2-5:2006.
Scheme of certification (for welders, brazers, welding and brazing operators, resistance weld setters)
Certification process includes:
- 1. Registration of the candidate. To apply for certification the candidate or his employer has to fill in an appropriate application∗ for certification and submit following documents:
- copy of passport
- copy of qualification certificate that proves completion of theoretical and practical training courses
- photos (if required, 4 x 5 cm, 2 pieces).
∗For each separate sphere there must be submitted a separate application for certification.
- 2. Preparation for examination process (review of documents and compilation of information)
- 3. Examination of competence of a candidate
- 4. Performance of necessary laboratory tests
- 5. Certification of a candidate (award of a qualification certificate).