Welding qualifications are indispensable in the quality assurance during the construction of pressure retaining parts and vessels by welding. This introductory course provides the understanding of Essential, Non-essential, Supplementary Essential Variables and effect of material, thickness, PWHT, Impact properties on qualification range, also preparation of PQR / WPS for use in construction for commonly used welding processes GTAW & SMAW.
This course help delegate to understand welding variables, their effect on range of qualification and preparation of PQR / WPS for use in construction.
Date and Time
Date : 15th September'2020
Time : 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
Who should attend ?
- QA / QC, Production, Welding Engineers and Manager,
- Representatives of Inspection agencies
- Representative of Pressure Vessels Manufacturers
- Representatives of industry who use welding as joining process
- Introduction of ASME Section IX
- ASME Section IX & other Construction Code Interrelationship
- Article I- Part QG Welding Requirements
- WPS, PQR, and WPQ
- Essential, Non-essential & supplementary essential variables
- Test Positions - QW-120 and QW-130
- Types and Purposes of Tests and Examinations - QW-140
- Tension Test - QW-150
- Guided-Bend Tests - QW-160
- Article II - Welding Procedure Qualifications - QW-200 - General
- Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) - QW-200.1
- Procedure Qualification Record (PQR) - QW-200.2(a)
- WPS Variables - Tables QW-253 and Table QW-256
- Understanding of Welding Data as per QW-253 and QW 256 and preparation of PQR / WPQ
- Article III Welding Performance Qualifications
- Qualification Test Coupons
- Retests and Renewal of Qualification
- Welding Variables for Welders
Softcopy Certificate of successful attendance shall be issued to all the delegates who attend entire duration of the course.
Rs. 1500/- + 18 % GST Only
Registration and Payment
Registration with confirmed payment will be closed 2 Hours before the scheduled time of Webinar.
In case of schedule cancellation by the delegate, fees will be non-refundable.